Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 January 2011

Still No Water.

Frosted plants last Saturday.
Another fairly mild day. No joy with the water yet. Peter has been up to check on the water pump and the best prognosis is that there is an ice plug somewhere in the system. Otherwise we may be looking at having to spend £500 on a new pump for the bore hole. At least with only 2 of us at home things are manageable, water from the handy stream for flushing the toilets and water from the loft tanks and work for drinking and washing. Not too bad really.
A fairly ordinary day workwise, slight excitement during PE when one child had her mouth knocked (she didn't know how) causing her tooth to bleed and tears to flow. Luckily my class are fairly sensible and followed my instructions to sit down and wait while I took the injured child out to wipe up the blood. By the time we came back into the hall she had recovered and was even happier when the tooth fell out - I'm sure the Tooth fairy will visit tonight. The current going rate seems to be £1- £5!
I've filled up all the water containers, got the breadmaker going, typed up tomorrow's plans and now feel tired enough to head off to watch some tv sitting on the floor of our bedroom which is the only way I can relax comfortably. Even lying down is not that good these days unless I fill myself up with pills. On the other hand I'm much better in the mornings, perhaps because the pressure is off my spine after a night's sleep. Nothing is dreadfully bad but I do get a bit fed up at times.

No comments: