Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 January 2011

Snow Again.

We woke this morning to a dusting of snow once more. The road was fine so I took the Micra up to the top with all our rubbish from the last 6 weeks. The dustmen only come once a fortnight and the last 2 times it was snowy and we didn't feel like carrying the bags half a mile up the hill. Now with all the extra rubbish from the holiday I'm hoping that the dustmen will not be held up by the snow. My day has mainly consisted of housework, general tidying up, hoovering up the last remnants of the tree, putting the decorations back in the loft and taking the second table out of the kitchen. Apart from the snow outside the window there is no sign of the holiday, sad but peaceful.
We had a brief spell of fat snowflakes drifting out of the sky but the forecast is for rain. I can rest easy knowing that the Micra is at the top of the hill and I can get a lift up with Peter as we both return to work in the morning. Now all that is left to do is to watch a short video about Irish dancing and learn a couple of steps to teach to my class tomorrow. This dancing lark is a bit of a case of the blind leading the blind but we all have fun. At least when we move on to English Country dancing I should be able to drag up memories of dancing at school and more recent barn dances with The Oggle Band.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Just been catching up with all your happenings whilst I've been away. Happy 2011 Ruta, hope that this year brings you all that you hope for and more.

Perhaps that will be less snow, less trauma with heating and water. More time with your boys, Less time putting your drive back together. And more time doing all those things you love most.

All the very best, Julie T

happyone said...

I like some of your words for things so much better than ours. Like the dustmen instead of the garbage men or hoovering instead of vacuuming!! :-)