Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 January 2011

No Snow, No Jab.

The predicted snow failed to arrive, just a lot of very heavy rain. Luckily it stopped just raining just before we set off to walk up the hill in the dark. The sky was a little lighter than yesterday as the clouds began to break up and it was quite pleasant to be able to stride up the hill and not worry about slipping on the ice.
Same old busy day at work. At least the children were able to get outside for their playtimes and burn off some energy.
I left school early to drive across town to see about a flu jab at Sainsbury's but all the publicity of the last few days has resulted in not a flu jab to be had in not only this area but anywhere at all. (And they won't be getting any new stocks). I should imagine that all stocks are being diverted straight to the doctors' surgeries where there had been some shortages. I shall have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't catch the flu because unlike most of my colleagues I don't get sick pay. I spent quite a while in Sainsbury's seeing what they had to offer and buying a few items in their sale. The range of goods is better than my usual supermarket but they are also generally more expensive. I treated myself to a small bag of dried cherries to nibble on as I drove home. I've had some of the pheasant casserole which is not bad. It mainly tastes of the tomatoes and other vegetables but the meat adds an interesting flavour. Having done my self-imposed quota of housework I'm off to collapse in the bedroom (the only place I can watch tv comfortably) before I fall asleep at the PC. zzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

happyone said...

We got just a dusting of snow during the night.
Have a great weekend.