Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Strange Journey.

My journey home was much the same as the journey into work; dark, lashing rain and foggy clouds across the road. It makes it so much harder to spot the enormous pot holes that have appeared after the last bout of cold weather. On the way home, by the time I got up to Shirwell the fog was thicker but there were other strange things happening. First I was held up at the back of a small convoy that had 2 cars driving very slowly at the front with their hazard lights flashing. I couldn't make out if one was towing the other, if the poor visibility was scaring them or if there was something out in the road. Suddenly the convoy increased speed, but on the other side of the road was a vehicle parked with its hazard lights flashing and then 20 yards on another. Finally just as I got to my turn off there was a police warning sign on the main road. It may well have been that the road was flooded right across or else there may have been an accident. The fog was now so bad that I couldn't see the road surface ahead to check for flooding. A couple of small floods caught me unawares but I slowed right down at the point that has caught me out several times (how can I be so daft as to strand my car twice in the same spot?) and sure enough the water was across the road. I kept to the higher side and got through without any problem, (that's when I miss my old Landrover ). And once home the news was full of the dreadful flooding in Australia.
I'd left school early to go to the dentist. It was a good visit (as dentists' visits go), small filling replaced, no needles and no pain. The other aches and pains in my jaw/cheekbones are either sinuses or due to my receding gums so I've booked a visit to the hygienist and changed my mouthwash. A dash round Tescos yielded double reduced fruit treats, blueberries, mango, cherries and cherry tomatoes and some king prawns which will do nicely for supper.

No comments: