Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 January 2011

Cold But Sunny.

Another cold day today, -5C all day. Peter had to work today so I had the house to myself. Spurred on by the bright sunshine I got a lot of things done including some small DIY jobs. I fixed a broken piece of our old bed which is now in a spare room, wood glue and mending plates for that job. Then I put 2 kinds of draught proofing on the front door. I was crouching down measuring the length of the brush strip which needed to be cut before when being screwed on when there was a tap at the glass panels above me. I popped up to see Jack from next door bearing a hanging basket of sprouting daffodils which he had planted for me. Luckily I had a Lindt chocolate Santa which I had been saving for him. I also managed to replace a broken hinge on one of the kitchen cupboard doors. I felt rather pleased that so many jobs were done.
I've even got most of my school planning sorted. Half an hour tomorrow should get the last bits done.

I can now relax with a cheesy pasta bake to look forward to and some easy watching on tv.

No comments: