Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

A Promise of Things to Come.

We had some lovely sunshine this afternoon. The trees at the edge of the playing field.
Quite a good day at school today. This morning my class continued with writing character profiles. I found out some amusing facts about their family members including 'Grampy doesn't like sleeping with my granny because she snores a lot.' and 'Granny likes to go to the (British ) Legion (social club) with her pigeons.' Under 'Likes and Dislikes' one child wrote - 'My nanny loves me.' Aahh. Being Wednesday I had PPA time in the staffroom where I got all my maths assessment/ marking up to date.
Setting sun glimpsed over the school roofs.
Left school a little earlier than usual (5.00) and managed to get home before dark to fill up the buckets with water from the stream. More checks are pointing to the fact that we need a new pump though apparently it has lasted very well. Each day is a tiny bit lighter in the evenings and mornings so now I don't feel that my journeys are taking place in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

happyone said...

How nice to see green. Everything around here is brown and today white because we got more snow with more to come during the night.
I am soooo ready for green, warm weather, and spring!!!!

Catching the Magic said...

Lovely photographs and glad the evenings are starting to look a little more hopeful and lighter for you.

I'm kind of ready (I'll regret saying this in a few months..) for darker evenings and earlier bedtimes ;)

We have my parents-in-law staying - 5 week's all up. Busy, busy in the house! I am trying to make the most of it and enjoy the different dynamics; as it will be awfully quiet when Sophie joins Charlotte at school on 3 Feb and Grandma & Granddad fly home to the UK 14 Feb!