Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 November 2017

Cold.

It's been quite wintry today, a dry morning followed by icy showers and some hail. 
While I was shifting stuff around in one of the bedrooms I found this butterfly sitting on the wall. Some species do overwinter but I haven't decided where the best place for it would be. It really needs somewhere dry but not too warm. If it's still there tomorrow I might move it to one of the outbuildings. I'm not sure which species it is, possibly a peacock or a tortoiseshell, as I didn't want to disturb it and cause it to use up energy. 
Having spent the last two evenings stretched out on the smaller sofa I've decided that it won't do. There's only a difference of 18 inches  between it and the bigger sofa which is so much more comfy. Due to a few claw marks on the leather (bad Speedy) I can't offer it to the furniture charities so I'll pop it up for free on a local site or else I will have to break it up and take it down to the dump.

No comments: