Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 November 2017

Still Packing.

I had another of my early starts today. My morning exercises were done in the moonlight  and by 7.30 I had painted the bare patches of wall in the kitchen including going over the family height marks. A second coat at the end of the day has made it look a bit more respectable.
I had to pop into town to pick up a couple of sports vests I had ordered from Asda in anticipation of joining a Pilates class once we're settled in. I quite like going to Asda for a change as they are a bit cheaper than Tesco's and best of all there is a walking space marked out between each parking space. Much better than the usual trying to slide between cars once you've parked. I also made a stop at the charity shop to leave some stuff and once again there was a traffic warden. This one was looking at my number plate even thought I had left the boot open so I made a point of saying that I was unloading. Luckily a volunteer had followed me out of the shop and took the last bags of donations from me so I didn't have to worry about that traffic warden. (I've just checked and you are allowed 20 minutes to load or unload so I wasn't doing anything illegal.) 
Back home I finally seem to be making headway with the packing. As it was a dry day, sunnier in the morning but warmer in the afternoon I began gathering and labelling things in the outbuildings. There are still a few outside things to label and a run or two to the dump while the filling of boxes continues.
I decided that I only need a day to empty and defrost the freezer so switch off is tomorrow morning. I've been through the freezer already and fished out some long forgotten items which went in the bin for collection tomorrow. There's a strict rule at the dump of no food items, stops rats I suppose, so today was my last chance to throw out any food. I almost never throw out food, between the boys, cats, dogs and compost heap the most that would be left would be some chicken bones. Tonight and probably tomorrow, I shall be having red cabbage, carrot and swede mash, vegetable samosas and some chicken.

No comments: