Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Cold.

This morning was bright and breezy and also very cold. It was dustbin day so I duly wheeled the bin down the garden path with its four steps and around to where the other bins from this side of the grass were. It was so nice and sunny out at the front that I thought I might do some gardening there. I donned my gardening clothes and got on with a familiar task, prising out weeds growing between paving slabs. Although there is more to do in the paving under the sitting room window I did get the whole path done and continued along the outside of the garden wall. 

I got one load of washing done and hung up outside. I kept an eye on the weather as I played my piano and was able to quickly bring the washing in when hailstones and then rain came down from one of the passing black clouds. Fortunately the duvet cover and pillow cases were dry enough to iron.
From the upstairs windows I can see the weather moving across the vastness of the sky. 
 The best picture I could get of a small 'cloud rainbow'.
All afternoon Hurricane transport planes have been landing every 15 mins at Chivenor so I guess the marines are off abroad soon.  
Sunset.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Dustbin day here too though we call it garbage day and the dustbins are trash cans. I like your words better!!
Nice that you still have gardening that you can do.