Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 November 2017

Wet.

It has been a wet grey day. The rain did stop eventually so I took the opportunity to scrub parts of the decking with bleach. I scrubbed the central parts of the first 2 levels as they were slippery to the point of being dangerous.
My main job of the day was to get a good deal for gas and electricity. The cooker, hot water and central heating run on gas and it was a real pain sorting out the change of supplier. I went through the govt. site to compare prices for gas and electricity together which was relatively simple and came to a lot less than we were paying at Dingles. However when I rang British Gas to inform them that we had moved to this address and were going to use another supplier I had to set up an account with them as it takes 10 -14 days to switch over. The poor person on the other end of the line had to ask me so many pointless questions about our usage and how we were going to pay because that was the format she had to stick to. EDF for electricity, on the other hand simply took my name, address and the meter reading and will send me a bill when the new supplier kicks in.
We've both been popping out for various things and it is really strange to get to places so quickly. When I took the cats to the vet last Friday for their final injections it took me 4 minutes to drive home. Another good thing about moving here is the familiarity with the roads and everything in town. From my old route to work I could almost see the turn off to our little street. 
There is a bit of a mystery with the house numbers in our road. Our side is the even numbers which go up to 36 with the other side and around the grass being the odd numbers which go up to 33. How had I missed number 35? Maybe it was tucked around the corner. However when I was on one of the comparison sites and had to type in my post code the list of houses went up to numbers 33, 34 and 36 but did not include 35. The developers must have made a miscalculation when they built this little estate.

No comments: