Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 November 2017

Windy.

Our house faces south-west so we don't see the 'real' sunrise but this morning a large cloudbank out to sea was glowing pink with a reflection of the sunrise. As the cloudbank rolled in it looked like a very slow moving pink tidal wave turning to grey as it approached. Then as an encore there was a rainbow which was brighter than in the photo and eventually arced right up and over the house.
We've had the electrician  in all day, mainly turning single wall sockets into doubles and a few other bits including putting covers over some exposed wiring in the fuse board which would be lethal if we started fumbling around with the fuse board in the dark. With most of the power off for the day I occupied myself by carrying on cleaning the cooker. I didn't get round to the larger oven but the top oven is now clean and sparkling. When I pulled out the metal shelf at the back I found the handle that clips on to the grill tray when you want to pull it out. 
It was very windy in the morning so I hand washed the crochet throw from my computer chair and hung it out on the line to dry. Then, as there was little I could do in the house I did some gardening. I was able to pull out and chop up several bramble bushes and dug up a lot of bindweed roots. From the size of the roots they have been growing for a number of years.
Although they shouldn't be officially in contact with other cats until tomorrow I let the cats out for a wander in the back garden. Speedy was more adventurous and it wasn't long before he had jumped up on the handrail and walked along the dividing wall. As the neighbour's garden is very neat and tidy I thought it best to call him in before he began exploring further. 
The headphone problem turned out to be due to a defective jack plug. I've now got one that sends sound to both sides and can play to my heart's content.

2 comments:

happyone said...

It is always special to see a rainbow. : ) Great capture.
Glad you can still get out to work in a garden at the new house.
It was quite cold here all day but there was no wind and the sun was out ALL day.

Kenneth P Lewis said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Role of technology in Indian Education