Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 November 2017

Sunny.

It's starting to get really cold but there was enough wind today to get another lot of washing dry. Once again I was tempted out to the front garden and was able to weed all the paved area. I also made a start on the flower bed by the paving. The main culprit there is one I've been pulling up for years but did not know its name, Herb bennet, until now. There is some sort of ornamental rush, possibly Greater woodrush, growing in there which I might not keep. 
While I worked out in the front garden apart from the sound of somebody using a strimmer or similar mechanical device and the odd seagull the main sound filling the air was the bleating of sheep out on the hillside. Not a cacophony but enough to make me feel closer to the countryside. Yesterday evening I could hear the occasional sound of bell ringing practice at the nearby Pilton Church (St Mary's). 
The Hurricanes were flying in and then out of Chivenor again this afternoon, this time in pairs. It's either training flights or gearing up for a mission. 
Peter was out rowing this afternoon after which he went over to B&Q to buy me a roller, tray and paintbrush so that I can make a start on some painting. The irritating thing is that most of our tools are in the garage and currently inaccessible. That's because the door is wonky and Peter isn't sure if we will be able to lock it again. So far he's not heard back from the garage door man as he's very busy but a friend of Peter's is a good friend of the garage door man's wife and will have a word to see if we could at least have a temporary fix until we get a new door.

No comments: