Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 November 2017

The Last Post From Dingles Farm.

Do not fear, I'll be back on-line and posting again hopefully in about a week.
As they'd had a last minute "Um, we're not actually moving today." cancellation two of the removal men turned up with more boxes and an empty van. They loaded the van till no more could be put in which must be at least two thirds if not three quarters of the packing done. 
Although the forecast had been for dry weather there was a light drizzle all day long so despite mats being put down a certain amount of mud was tracked through the house. 
If it hadn't been for the sofa and gaming table needing to be dealt with I would be feeling fairly relaxed. As it was, once the men had left I cut the gaming table into car sized pieces, not too hard a job with an electric saw. Then came the dismantling of the sofa. Being an very well made sofa there was a lot of wood to cut through, this time with a hand saw. I saved a big piece of the leather from the back of the sofa and also the cover of one arm with a thought to maybe covering over the spot on the big sofa where Speedy sneakily sharpens his claws. The breaking up of the sofa was done in a mad rush as I thought the dump closes at 4.00 and they tend to shut the gates 10 minutes before. I got there at 3.45 to find that they close at 4.30 which was a relief. However there wasn't time for a second dump run to dispose of the final bit of the sofa and assorted junk from around the place. They open at 9.00 so I might go tomorrow morning or take the stuff with us and drop it off at the Barnstaple dump later.
We've both worked hard today and as there's some more to do tonight I called in at Tesco's for some beer for Peter and chocolate for me. Right now I'm having a blogging break after which I shall saw up the last bit of the sofa and do the final bit of packing.
Back once Sky get us on-line. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Best wishes, Ruta!

happyone said...

I'd say enjoy your blog break but I know you will be working hard getting settled in your new home.
Looking forward to seeing your new home.