Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 November 2017

Sunny.

Another bright and sunny day. My day has been spent packing and getting together all the boxes etc. that will be going into storage tomorrow. I keep on changing my mind about what is going where. Ideally I would like to get all the heavy stuff put straight into the garage but I won't be 100% sure about how dry the garage is until I actually see for myself.  
There was yet another document for me to sign in the presence of a witness so in the afternoon we went over to the stables next door so that Paul could be the witness. The burnt down barn is now fully repaired with contented horses in the big loose boxes.  
This morning as I tried to concentrate on playing my guitar I kept getting distracted by birds near the stream. First I noticed the shadow of a bird foraging amongst the undergrowth and had to keep looking up until I finally saw the bird itself, not sure what species as it was only a fleeting glimpse. Then a Blue Tit came and sat on a branch that dipped into the stream and had a very splashy bath. I tried sneaking off to get my camera but twice it spotted me and flew off. Then there were 2 male blackbirds behaving strangely. They were both in the leaves under the brambles about 2 feet apart. One of them would rush towards the other, turn and retreat and then the other would do the same. They kept this up for quite a long time. I wonder if they are the same 2 male blackbirds that I used to see together in the trees? 

No comments: