Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Grey.

It was my turn to go out today. I had made an appointment to see my doctor as I've been a bit concerned about my heart skipping beats. Not just occasionally which I know is normal but quite frequently especially after all the heavy work associated with moving in. At least now I know it's nothing to panic about and I'm booked in for a blood test and  ECG next week with a follow up appointment after that. I also asked hopefully if there were any new sinus treatments. I know it's not a major ailment so they can't throw extra strong antibiotics at it (I've had the usual ones and nothing ever made a difference). However the doctor has changed the spray I use daily. It would be nice to be free of the frequent headaches. Being away from the damp environment at Dingles might also help.
Afterwards I went over to Roundswell where the pharmacy in Sainsbury's had the new sinus spray which hadn't been in stock at the surgery pharmacy. Wandering around Sainsbury's I found some reasonably priced white wine vinegar which they have stopped doing in Lidl's so I bought a couple of bottles to use in my salad dressing. Then I called in at Dunelm where I bought some curtain draw rods. Being in town we have to draw our curtains in the evening which we didn't often do at Dingles. Our white old sitting room curtains were the right size for this sitting room and the draw rods will prevent the curtains getting grubby from being opened and closed by hand. Incidentally once windows, electrics and wall are done I shall paint the sitting room white. Up in our bedroom where 3 of our old bedroom curtains fit the wider window with the fourth going over an alcove with shelves, the grey walls will be painted cream like our old bedroom. I'm nothing if not consistent in my colour choices. I've always taken a keen interest in interior design with my personal style being a cross between artist studio/Scandinavian white and pine/comfy country. The dinning room and hall will also be white while I haven't decided yet whether to keep the mushroom coloured walls in the kitchen which match the light brown high-gloss cupboards or go with cream to match the tiles.
Speedy is getting very bored with being stuck in the house. Right now he is sitting in my window watching the world go by. The cats' vaccinations won't be effective until Friday, also the vet suggested keeping them in for more than 2 weeks so that they don't wander off and get lost. I think Patch will be content to stay in the back garden but I can see that Speedy wants to go out and explore. He was originally a town stray so hopefully he will take care on the road.
When I got back home I went for a stroll around the block to take some photos. It's been a grey day so everything looks drab. I'm sure it will look nicer in the sun. Our house is the central one above. I'm currently in the room on the left with our bedroom on the right. Being set back from the house on the right, lived in by a retired police lady, gives a bit more privacy to the front garden especially if we want to sit outside in the afternoon sun.
Diagonally across the grass is a path leading down to the road below where there is a better view of the countryside beyond. 

Then going left and left again brought me back to the start of our road. Our garage is in a block off to the right.
And back up to where my little green car is parked with our front door and my study window above just visible.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Thanks for the tour around you neighborhood. It all looks very nice.
Ken's heart rate was very low around 32 beats per minute and about a month ago he had a pace maker put in.
His heart rate immediately went back up to 60 and he has his energy back.