Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 November 2017

Grey.

I got a clean bill of health at the doctor's this morning. At least so far as blood pressure and ECG readings were concerned. The surgery had rung me in the morning to let me know that the 'blood' nurse had to cancel her appointments but I hadn't recognised our new phone ring and thought it was the neighbours' phone. As I was already at the surgery the nurse who did the ECG also took some blood. I've got good veins so it's relatively simple to take my blood. I'm still following the research that found watching the needle go in leads to less perceived pain and it does work for me.
Today has seen even more stuff leave this house. Not only did I take a large bag of things to the charity shop, two bags of weeds to the dump and got rid of my food processor but the people from the furniture charity came and took the fridge, a room sized rug that I had bought to cover the bare concrete floor of the conservatory at Dingles and a large feather filled bolster. Unfortunately they were half-way down the stairs with the mattress when they realised it didn't have a fire safety label so they couldn't take it. I was out at the time so it ended back up in Peter's study. I would have pleaded with them to take it in their van and drop it off at the dump, only 5 mins from their store, as being a sprung mattress it will be difficult if not impossible to jam it into my car. 
With the fridge gone an unpleasant hole was left under the kitchen counter with a bare concrete floor and tatty back wall. At least with the two basket trolleys pushed under there it doesn't look so bad but the sooner we organise proper units under there the better as far as I am concerned.
Even though the loft is only partially boarded we put some things up there just to get them out of the way. That was quite tiring so I planned to take the rest of the day easy but then I got drawn outside again. This time to the back garden where I weeded a narrow raised bed and found more of the dreaded bindweed roots. Once that was done I placed some of my trays of pots over the fresh soil to protect it from the cats, and trimmed back the ivy growing on the garden fence. And then I had a rest.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear all went well at the doctors. : )