Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 November 2017

Cold.

It's been cold, grey and very wet today so I took some pictures of a couple of elegant orchids amongst the clutter of the kitchen.
Most of the morning was taken up by the visit of a central heating plumber. As well as organising putting in radiators in the bedrooms and a heated towel rail in the bathroom and refurbishing things in the bathroom he worked on the boiler to get it running properly. He also tightened up some loose nuts that had been the cause of some slight leaks from the hall radiator. (A good thing we have marble tiles there.) The proper work will be done in January.
Afterwards I drove over to the dump to get rid of that bag of glass and cardboard and a few extra items. Then it was over to the window people to set things in motion. I had thought I would be able to set a date but no, first they have to come over with a contract for us to sign and the work won't get done until after Christmas. At least that will give me the chance to sort and organise more stuff, hopefully being even stricter over which things we are going to keep.
So far my trips out have been by car while Peter has taken to walking to most places even in this horrible weather. Today he got a helmet and lights for his bike so soon he will be whizzing all over the place and once I get my bike we can take advantage of the Tarka Trail. Peter used to be a bicycle courier in Central London so I won't be worried when he's out on the roads.

2 comments:

happyone said...

The orchids are stunning!
How nice to have a heated towel rack. Never had one of those.

Ruta M. said...

Heated towel rails are quite common here. Maybe because they provide sufficient heat for our small bathrooms. Our 6ft x 10ft bathroom was described as 'spacious' by the estate agents. Squeezed into it are bath, shower, toilet and sink!