Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 November 2017

Cold

We've had a cold, grey day with frequent icy showers. Although there are no radiators in the bedrooms (?) the rest of the house is warm and toasty.
I've got quite a few things done today which for me makes it a good day.
Having given up trying to sort the TVs yesterday after a good night's sleep I hit the internet again. This time I found a site telling  me the name of the instructions I should be looking for and then the Sony site for our TV gave two possibilities the second of which did the trick.
The bathroom door latch has been a bit sticky and this morning just after Peter had gone out it gave up completely. We only have one toilet and it was on the other side of the door! I turned to Google but the methods using a credit card or paper clips didn't work and I wasn't sure I wanted to try forcing an axe into the gap though there is an axe downstairs. Instead I unscrewed the handle and used the largest screwdriver to try and force the turning part around. This resulted in bits breaking off and when I took them out hey presto the door opened. I removed the latch and sent Peter a text suggesting he buy a couple of hook latches as a temporary measure (Patch needs to be kept out of the bathroom as he  tends to piddle in there). Then with Peter on one end of the phone in the DIY store and me in the kitchen with latch and ruler he was able to buy a replacement which I have now fitted Peter having had to go straight out to collect a bike he is buying from a friend.
Peter's first trip out had been to go and collect a piano stool from Tiverton that I had bought on eBay. The new headphones arrived yesterday so I am all set up in my temporary music corner by the front window. 
The neighbour on one side has a cat in her garden which I am sure is not as much bother as our two. 
This is the grand house behind us. Somebody told me it belongs to the owner of one of our local estate agents. In front of the garage? on the right is a tall dog house and run for their greyhounds. The vegetable garden runs across the back and on the left of the green poly tunnel is a glass and wood green house with tomatoes in. I can't wait to get rid of our disreputable shed, on the left and this afternoon I removed the remaining glass panes and carefully broke them up between layers of cardboard. It took a bit of doing but finally the pieces fitted into a smaller cardboard box in a bin bag and the whole lot is in my car ready for the dump. If I had left the panes whole, which would have been much simpler I would have had to pay to get rid of them at the dump. I'm now waiting for Peter to return home with his bike and we can settle down to an evening of Strictly.

No comments: