Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Sunny.

Today has been bright and chilly. As I drove towards Ilfracombe on my way to the dump I could see clear across the Bristol Channel to Wales. The air was so clear that not only could I see the Brecon Beacons but I could make out the buildings of Swansea and Bridgend shining white in the sun. I had packed my car full of stuff from the outbuildings, the old hanging baskets and a pair of beautiful old and past it floor length silk curtains. 
The rest of the day has been spent ..... packing. I didn't do my exercises last night apart from some stretches as I spent the evening wiping the insides of the kitchen cupboards. Peter rang our movers to ask for more boxes which will be delivered tomorrow morning and as they are not busy tomorrow they'll take away the boxes that are already packed.
The new fridge freezer was delivered this afternoon and is standing in the kitchen in all its packaging while our old chest freezer has been taken away. It was in situ for nearly 25 years so the state of the carpet underneath and the wall behind was not good. There were even rusty patches stuck to the carpet. It took me a while to clear all the detritus and scrub the wall and carpet but at least now it doesn't look so awful. 
While I was out taking these photos I noted the country sounds around me; a horse harrumphing, rooks cawing, a blackbird going chuck chuck and the squawks and whirring wings of a group of pheasants. I wonder what new natural sounds I will hear walking around Pilton and down to Mannings Pit or even cycling along the Tarka Trail.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

When we moved last, 30+ years ago, like you I cleaned, patched and cleaned more. Alas our new 'old' home required 5 gallons of Ammonia in order for me to think all was clean enough to bring in my stuff. My husband thought I was NUTS!

My best wishes to you and Peter as you begin this new chapter in life!!

happyone said...

With all the work you are doing it probably won't matter skipping an exercise time or two. : )
I like sunny cool days. Great walking ones.