Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 December 2017

Sunny.

Another crisp and cold day. There was a good drying wind but I didn't have anything to wash. The cats are getting more adventurous and spending some time outside. They both can come in through the cat flap but I don't know if they are using it to go out yet. With it being so cold they stick their noses outside when I open the front or back door and then retreat into the warmth.
The man from the window company came around this afternoon with a contract for me to sign and to measure up all the windows. He must have been a bit surprised to see a baking tray and the grills from the top of the cooker soaking in the bath. They are too big to fit in our circular kitchen sink and although I had successfully  soaked the inside of the tray last night the sides and bottom needed doing too.
 The view from the back garden.
The last owners built out one of the sitting room walls  hiding the radiator behind wooden planks. It all looked very neat but surely can't have been efficient in terms of heating. It was only after I had removed the wood using hammer, extra large screwdriver and brute force that I discovered the planks had been screwed on. In my defence the tops of the screws had been covered with filler before being painted and looked like nails. The sitting room already feels a lot warmer.
Something has gone awry with our internet network as I haven't been able to log on to FaceBook for the last two days. It was intermittent the day before and at first Peter put it down to my not responding to update notices (which I hadn't had had) but even after updates and a full scan the situation hadn't changed. It's not my PC as Peter couldn't get FaceBook either on his PC but could on his phone. It's annoying as FaceBook is my main means of communicating with friends and family.
Sunset.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Good idea to remove those slats so the heat come through better.
You have a nice view there.
Replied to you comment on my blog but not sure if you would see it. I didn't know what sultanas were and looked it up to find out it was raisins. : ) I like them on my oatmeal too.

Ruta M. said...

Just looked at the difference between sultanas and raisins as we have raisins too and was a bit shocked to see that sultanas are dipped in vegetable oil and acid before being dried. Not sure if I like the sound of that. I might change over to raisins or currants.