Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 December 2017

Baking Day.

The mild grey weather continues. The photo below was taken during the only brief spell of sun, one blink and it was over.
My first job of the day was to get the Christmas cake in the oven. The quantities of the individual ingredients should have been an indicator of how big the cake was going to be. It was like going back to the days when all the family were at home. Each year I would buy a new washing up bowl and use it for mixing up the cake before swapping out the old washing up bowl. This morning it was hard work stirring everything together without losing half of it over the side. Nevertheless it got done, baked for four hours and is now cooling on my window sill and sending out lovely Christmassy smells.
Then came the final coat of paint in our bedroom. I'm so glad I got it all done before Christmas. The last of the magnolia paint may be needed after the new window is put in. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like quite a large cake. : )
Glad you got your painting done!
I for one will be glad to see the sun rise earlier each day.