Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Two Rainbows.


I may have just gained myself a reputation as a crazy lady amongst the neighbours. Not only do we not have net curtains or blinds on any of our windows but this evening as the dark began to fall I was cleaning out our wheelie bin in the parking area. This came about because today we had our fortnightly rubbish collection. I had tied up the bag inside the bin so that it would fall into the dust lorry. This evening I went to put in a new bin bag and found that not only was there still some rubbish at the bottom of the bin, the sides were dirty and the whole thing stank. Clad in bright yellow gloves I began cleaning it with bleach, water from a watering can and a kitchen scrubber fixed on the end of an old broom stick. I then decided that I didn't want to tip out the filthy water/bleach in my garden or even on the communal grass as the bleach might kill off the grass. So I dragged the bin, watering can, bleach and scrubbing stick over to the hardstand where people park their cars. I scrubbed and rinsed it out a couple of times and after letting the bin drain upside down for a while brought it back to the front garden. 
When I woke this morning one half of the window showed bright blue sky and the other half dark grey clouds. It wasn't long until the clouds had covered the whole view which was then improved by the sight of first one rainbow followed by a second.

Not only did we have the treat of a double rainbow but the end, and of course the pot of gold, was somewhere in the trees along the next road.
I had an appointment to see my doctor today. The skipped beats seem to be settling down but my blood pressure is a bit high so I shall be wearing a 24 hour monitor in January. I'd better keep up my exercise bike sessions and add in some high intensity work. After my appointment I did some shopping including the last of my Christmas shopping. There were a few showers and I was glad I was wearing my new waterproof jacket. As last year's hanging basket of winter flowering violas had lasted for so long I bought 6 pots which had been reduced to 50p to put in a hanging basket that is by the front door.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh it always special to see a rainbow but two are even better.
I think I'm a crazy lady too. : )