Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 December 2017

Stormy.

I woke before light this morning to hear the sound of a storm raging outside. The gusting wind and occasional clattering of bins being blown about made me appreciate how warm and cosy I felt under the duvet. Once it was light I could see our kerbside food caddy (for food recycling) was on its side halfway down the garden with the lid open. As I wrap up the food scraps in newspaper, using the free weekly paper, I thought I'd better go down and rescue the caddy before it got too wet inside. Surprisingly the Christmas wreath was still in place on a nail by the door. Very little of my anti-cat holly had been blown away either as I had pushed the stems into the soil. By mid-morning the wind had died down but the rain continued. This report mentions that the 'New' Bridge aka the Taw Bridge had gusts of nearly 75 mph while the rest of the country has had snow and ice with more to come.
I was up early so that I could put another coat of paint on the wall and have just painted a third coat. The rest of my day was devoted to writing my Christmas cards. There was a bit of a hold up when I discovered that one of the boxes of luxury cards I had bought last January came with silver envelopes. Very nice to look at but almost impossible to write on even with a permanent marker. After a protracted search I eventually found a roll of white labels on which I could write. Somehow that took all afternoon and to finish off I wrapped up 2! Christmas presents. It's a start.
Still looking streaky as the paint hasn't dried.
Latest weather forecast says -12C /10.4F for tonight.


No comments: