Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 December 2017

Winter Solstice.

Now we can enjoy the lengthening days and look forward to the abundance of spring. That is once the deep wintertime is over.
Still grey and not too cold here without yesterday's rain. I painted a third coat of magnolia over the grey wall and as there is still paint left I'll go over the other two painted walls as well. I think it looks a lot fresher and warmer than the original grey and off-white colour scheme. I might also be influenced by fact that it is the colour we had in our bedroom for the last 25 years.
I felt a bit stir crazy this afternoon so I walked down to the Co-Op to get milk and butter. Naturally I returned with a selection of reduced bargains; bahjis, tortilla wraps, blueberries and strawberries. Although I've not been dieting since we moved (too much hard work going on) I've stopped eating chocolate for December up till Christmas. So far I've stuck to that with just some spoon licking when I made the Christmas biscuits.
Walking back up Chaddiford Lane I counted 23 houses with lights or other outside Christmas decorations which was about a third of the houses. It wasn't dark at the time but any lights that were switched on did brighten the place up and brought a smile to my face.
 A wobbly artistic shot of the Christmas tree in the grand house behind us.

No comments: