Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 December 2017

More Gardening.

We had the cat confrontation this morning. Our two cats had walked through the open conservatory door while the tabby cat was at the top of the garden. Speedy spotted him, went up to investigate and bam, there was a hissing, spitting ball of fur as a cat fight began. Patch, in the meantime had quietly turned and walked back into the house even though he is dominant in the house. The fight lasted a few minutes and then the pair of them were in a stand off taking turns to yowl at each other. The other cat looked bigger and a bit more confident so I tipped the scales in Speedy's favour by stepping towards the door. That caused the tabby cat to turn tail and leave the garden so technically Speedy was the victor.
This morning I made my Christmas wreath using a 25p strand of tinsel from a charity shop and other bits from around the place. I have a proper over-the-door hangar which doesn't fit over our front door but there was a handy nail in the wall beside the door.
While the weather is still quite mild I did some more gardening in the front garden. The weeding is more or less done so I was able to put a few of my plants in, knautia macedonia in between two red fuchsias and a fluorescent purple buddleia and a couple of types of crocosmia up nearer the house. There were primroses/primulas scattered around the place so I relocated up some of them to under a hydrangea and the acer tree that grows in the middle of the lawn. I also planted the narcissi bulbs around the acer and in a couple of spots by the path. Fearing that the freshly dug soil might be tempting for cats I scattered holly branches around. The holly bush is looking a bit lopsided now.
The man from Sky came today as we had been offered a free upgrade to the Q Box. However it turns out that if we had it the TV in the bedroom wouldn't work unless we paid out more money for a third box. So off went the Sky man and we're sticking with the set up we already have which suits us.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I think Patch was the smart cat. : )
Your wreath turned out very nice indeed.
I had a great visit to the dentist too!! : )