Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 December 2017

Wintry Showers.

It's been mostly overcast with a few wintry showers. After driving over to the Post Office at Sticklepath this morning I can sit back knowing the last of my Christmas posting has been done. I also dropped in to Lidl's and Asda where I picked up a few bargains. We're gradually getting our heads around a different way of shopping. Whereas before when we had a big freezer and made fewer trips to town the larger the amount of shopping in one trip the better. Now with limited storage and freezer space it's better to have just one or two bags of shopping especially as we park at some distance from the house. 
This afternoon we did a bit more sorting out in the garage including moving stuff from the house. The oversize coffee table in the sitting room has now been replaced with a much smaller one and a pine chest. Thankfully Peter's bike is no longer blocking the hall and stopping the kitchen door from opening fully and the dining area is almost clear of random boxes. As Peter was carrying a large box of mostly plumbing bits to the garage he got chatting to a builder who is helping his son do up his house. Peter ended up giving him the box which saves us having to sort it all out. The son's house is two doors down and I had been keen to view it when we were looking as it has 4 bedrooms and a larger garden but it had already been sold. The father and son were both really nice people and the father was keen to offer his services should we need any work done.
After all that shifting around of things my heart began skipping beats again so I took things easy for a couple of hours before failing dismally to take a photo of the night sky.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love the arch way.