Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas Day.

 Merry Christmas everyone.
We've had a quiet day at home, mainly relaxing and of course exchanging presents. We're moving towards smaller fun presents and consumables because in this society we have enough 'stuff' and every present was truly appreciated.
I woke early and smiled to see that lights were already on at the houses where there are young families. The day itself started bright and windy so I threw some tea-towels in the washing machine. Then the rain arrived, not a gentle drizzle but heavy lashing rain crashing at the windows and wet it has stayed.
There is one bad apple among the residents whom I watched drive his 4WD up on to the grass and then back and forth until he could park outside his house. Fortunately his house is up for sale.
PS It's not that I have a thing about hedgehogs. Sally likes them and used to help out in a hedgehog rescue centre and I think the other card was coincidental.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Merry Christmas my friend. : )
Sounds like a lovely day. Ours was a quiet one too but so nice.
Cake is beautiful!!