Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 December 2017

Grey.

The weather has been grey and mild with some light drizzle. That didn't deter me from walking into town for a wander along the High Street. Not walking too fast as I knew I'd be on my feet for a couple of hours it took just 15 mins from our front door to the top of the High Street. It's a pleasant downhill walk through the oldest parts of Pilton. It was like a stroll through a picturesque village with narrow alleyways and winding roads lined by a mixture of buildings from medieval times through to Georgian. There were a couple of brick cottages which were probably early 20th C. but everything else was much earlier, that is once you come out of our little estate which is late 20thC.
It was fairly busy in town with a good selection of musicians busking as well as the Salvation Army Band. I had a bit of a headache by the time I was leaving so walking alongside the marching band with the loud ting ting of the lyres got to be too much and I escaped into nearby shops until they had gone past. I try and support the local charity shops and today I bought some towels for the kitchen that are the same mushroom colour as the unit doors.
The man from Sky arrived as I was leaving and now we have the latest 'Q' boxes but no longer have all the programmes I had recorded for possible watching at Christmas when we intend to have a 'lazy' day. I spent some time scanning the TV menu and making sure we don't miss any of our regular programmes (so much nicer to be able to fast forward the adverts.) It's more or less the same set up apart from being able record more programmes at the same time. The voice activated function is new but I haven't bothered with it yet. 
I got home to find Peter on the phone trying to fix the broadband which had gone down. Kneeling down to fiddle with the wires really hurts his knees and combined with the frequent up and down the stairs and a not very competent help desk person Peter was not a happy bunny. Fortunately the broadband was finally sorted and hopefully will continue to work. We also put up the trusty whiteboard in the kitchen and put handles on the sliding wardrobe doors in our bedroom. They're large sliding doors which are constantly coming off the track but the handles should make them easier to move. The Christmas cake has had the marzipan put on and will be iced tomorrow. Almost ready for Christmas.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a nice walk through the old part of town. Amazing how long those old buildings have been there.