Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 December 2017

Turning Cold.

Peter has just returned home from the eye clinic. The good news is that though it was quite a serious scratch it is healing up nicely. The not so good news is that he is developing cataracts but that is fairly normal for anyone over 65. On the up side he has been referred to the cataract clinic so hopefully will be on the way to having the cataracts dealt with. He's fine to drive and has driving glasses anyway. He had thought his sight difficulties were due to age related short sight and had been looking into lens replacement to deal with that problem.
Today has been colder and windier than of late with very low temperatures (snow, ice that sort of thing) predicted for much of the country. Well I remember the days of leaving Barnstaple looking green only to get up to Shirwell to find light snow blowing across the road. This morning I took a chance and got some washing out on the line. However I chickened out when it began to ran and brought the not quite dry washing back inside. The light rain soon blew away but I didn't bother taking the washing out again. Instead it is draped over a radiator in the kitchen. Yes we have a radiator in the kitchen but none in the bedrooms!
I spent a lot of my day outside in the front garden where for a time the sun was shining. I dug up the large clumps of woodrush replanting some by the side which I suspect will be a bit shady and dumped the rest. Then I was able to plant out some of the plants from Dingles. (I can't help thinking of it as home though I will probably never go there again.) I planted out 3 varieties of crocosmia along the side and then in the main bed amongst what looks like a holly plantation are 10 varieties of hardy geranium. That holly bush is turning out to be very useful.
My neighbour stopped to chat in the afternoon and to give us a Christmas card which I thought was very neighbourly. It turns out that her daughter and son both went to Pilton Infants' School and while they weren't in my class I may well have taught them at some point. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh that is good news about Peter's eye healing.
We had some snow showers here today but they didn't amount to anything.
Nice that you are meeting the neighbors. : )