Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 December 2017

Decorating Day.

It's been bright and sunny today and while it didn't feel as cold as the last few days there were a couple of hail showers in the morning.  
I was doing my morning exercises out on the landing (the only carpeted space that is big enough) when I heard the most dreadful racket coming from the kitchen. Going down to investigate I found Speedy on one side of the cat flap and Fluffy Cat on the other both yowling and taking swipes at each other. I had to step outside before Fluffy cat got the hint that he is not welcome here. Talking of making yourself  welcome, Peter found out from our neighbour that both Speedy and Patch had decided to go in and explore her house. Oops, especially as her husband is allergic to cats. Peter suggested shouting at them or even a quick squirt with a water pistol to deter them. The poor cats have never encountered neighbours living right next door so how were they to know?
After my epic fail yesterday with the white chocolate I had one last try with the remaining white chocolate. This time it melted as expected and I was able to finish off decorating the chocolate biscuits. I also baked a batch of butter biscuits for anyone who doesn't like chocolate. While they were cooling I painted a last coat of white paint on the walls in the dining area. Then for the finishing touches to the biscuits I made up some white icing and got to work. Being a sporadic baker my piping skills are non-existent. I would give myself 2/10 for today's effort. One mark for getting the icing into the bag and out again through the nozzle and the other for enthusiasm. The snowflake biscuits look better from a distance especially when compared to the examples I found on-line.
With our ever hungry cats prowling like sharks I found the perfect place to store the biscuits while the icing dried.
Then before the light faded I went and planted out the bags of daffodil bulbs in the front garden. The last job of the day was to paint the edges of the newly painted walls with a paintbrush.  I think that space is done now until we get glass doors put across the conservatory.


2 comments:

lea said...

I had a cat do that when I was visiting at my parent's home (he traveled with us). He invited himself in to the neighbors, curled up on a pillow and made himself at home. They had a number of cats and the husband thought that it was just one of his wife's cats.
I don't even attempt piping, I think your cookies/biscuits look good.

happyone said...

Funny story about the cats. : )
Nice job on the biscuits, they sure do look good.
No planing around here, the ground is frozen solid.