Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 December 2017

Rainbows.

Our windy and mild weather continues with the addition of heavy rain showers today. Listening to the weather report at midnight last night I heard that not only was Exeter the warmest place yesterday but that the night-time temperature in North Devon would be around 14C/ 57.2F. No wonder it felt so warm.
Today's sunshine and rain brought rainbows to the sky.  The photos show 2 separate rainbows and although I could see the double rainbow in the lower picture with my eyes I couldn't catch it with the camera. The smart growing tunnel and potting shed/greenhouse (which I covet) are part of the grand establishment behind us.

This afternoon we finally put up the mirror and shelf over the pine cupboard in the dining area with some help from Speedy. 
Now the place feels a lot more like home with familiar colour schemes and nearly everything in its place. We have just about reached the end of the things we can do ourselves at least until the major works are done. Once I've given my study a sort out I suppose I can make a start on clearing the last of the stuff in the shed before it gets taken down.

No comments: