Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 December 2017

Christmas is Coming.

Today I had a check up at the dentist and no doubt thanks to my water pick my teeth were in excellent condition, apart that is from the tooth that needs a new crown. I want to check out Peter's insurance package from the union first as I may be able to get the £250 cost refunded. 
Afterwards I drove over to the dump and got rid of three bags of weeds, scooped up half a bag of leylandii cuttings as someone else was throwing them in and got rid of some broken pots that had been lurking in the garden. I wanted the leylandii for making a Christmas wreath to hang on the front door. That's for tomorrow.
I went over to BJ's for some gold spray paint and couldn't help smiling at these tinsel decked traffic cones. Inside, BJ's is a homage to Christmas. I don't intend to put up any indoor decorations this year which helped me resist the lure of buying more 'shiny stuff'. This 5ft high moving polar bear and cub took my eye though I wonder who would pay £2,600 for it?
After buying paint and some narcissi bulbs for the garden I stopped by this tree. I rather like these big, unlit glass lights. If they happen to be on sale after Christmas I might be tempted.
 Alternative Christmas Trees.
The tide was out as walked over the bridge to do a little shopping on the High Street. I bought one present and then treated myself to a new purple,light waterproof jacket in the Millets sale. My current jacket, also from Millets is a vivid pink and I chose it mainly for the fleece top that zips into it and there are times I would prefer not to be so conspicuous.  
Peter picked up his new prescriptions this morning and is getting relief from the anaesthetic drops. Hopefully on Thursday he'll get the all clear from the hospital or at least know his eye is on the road to recovery.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We're going to the dentist tomorrow for our cleaning. We too use a water pic and what a big difference it does make. Hope our cleanings go well too.
Nice to see all the Christmas decorations.