Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Very Wet.

We've had a lot of blustery showers today. It would be fine one minute and the next you could hardly see where you were going. Right now the wind and rain are battering at the window. Peter was all set to go rowing this afternoon when the row was called off because of the wind. I had all my Christmas post to take to the Post Office and instead of walking into town from Lidl's I drove a bit further to the Post Office at Sticklepath. They have space for a few cars and even if as today they are full you can park on the road. My bill for stamps was quite high because either the envelopes were about 1 cm too big to qualify as standard letters or the embellishments on the fancy cards made them too fat. A bit annoying but it's only once a year.
Before going home I went back to BJ's as they are the only place that still have daffodil bulbs. I really wanted the early big bright yellow ones but had to settle for some 2-tone daffodils and another bag of the little yellow narcissi.
This afternoon I made a start on my Christmas biscuits. I only had a couple of hiccups which is quite good for me. First of all I discovered that despite carefully writing out lists of ingredients before shopping yesterday I had forgotten to buy icing sugar which is needed for two of the recipes I'm using. Then  as the second batch of Lebkuchen  were in the oven I saw that I had 3 rather than 2 heart shaped cutters and had used the largest instead of the middle sized one. I made a few with the smallest cutter but as my family are hearty eaters made the rest bigger. So even bigger biscuits this year. Then I couldn't find my star shaped cutter which I planned to use for the gingerbread biscuits so used a cat shaped cutter instead. The kitchen is easy to work in but I stopped after two kinds of biscuits and they still need decorating.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We've had off and on snow today.
I haven't done any baking yet. Maybe tomorrow.