Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 December 2017

Stormy.

We were woken this morning by the sound and sight of a thunderstorm raging in the skies above. I'm a fan of thunderstorms especially if I can watch from the warmth of my bed. While the thunder did not return we had very stormy conditions with a few bright spells for the rest of the morning. Our food caddy was blown half-way down the garden and even the large wheelie bin had moved several feet. It seems that much of the rest of the country is affected by snow  and as usual things have ground to a halt. 
With a couple of projects in mind I drove over to B&Q to pick up the things I needed. However they didn't have small enough shelf brackets for one project (I'll have to go on-line for those.) When I made a start on the second project which is to create a hanging rail under the stairs and involves a length of chain and some plastic piping I found that I need larger hooks than the ones I have. So I couldn't finish that project either.
 Some hand-crafted decorations that Vytas and Sally gave me.
 The ever changing evening sky-scape.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I love those ornaments. They are adorable.