Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 December 2017

Cold and Grey.

Today has been grey and cold without enough wind to dry any washing. While Peter was out rowing I used his PC to write up my Christmas letter. I don't have Office on my PC and since the school wouldn't let me keep my 9 year old lap top I have to rely on Peter's PC. Not that I have much need of Office anyway.
     Speedy and Fluffy Cat having a silent stare down. 
With the hope that we might bring the big dresser up from the garage soon this afternoon I shifted all the boxes around in the dining area and made a start on painting the last wall. I ended up using brute force to bend the floating shelves away from the wall so that I could unscrew the brackets from the wall. Actually I was multi-tasking, while waiting for the wall to dry after being washed down I mixed up a couple of banana loaves and while they were in the oven got on with the painting. My little paint roller is so much better than the big standard one. Not only does it reach right up to the ceiling without me having to stand on a chair but the smaller diameter of the roller makes it easier to get into corners and in general it is a lot easier to handle and clean afterwards.

The banana loaves weren't bad and it made a nice change to be able to control the temperature of the oven. I couldn't find my usual recipe, written on a scrap of paper so I got one on-line. I picked a BBC recipe so that I didn't need to convert the amounts but it is a bit too sweet for my taste, next time I'll reduce the amount of sugar.

No comments: