Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 December 2017

Mostly Grey.

Now that we're into December some of my neighbours have begun to put up Christmas decorations. Our next door neighbour has some sort of laser projector that sends green and red sparkles dancing all over the back garden which was certainly eye catching. Across the way I can see some lights around a porch, one Christmas wreath and an indoor tree bedecked with purple lights. The lights weren't the only thing to see last night. I heard some bangs outside and being ever nosey curious, I looked out of the window to see quite a large fireworks display coming from either Chivenor or somewhere towards Braunton. I've had a look on line and in the local free paper where I didn't find any mention of fireworks but Braunton was holding a Christmas market yesterday from 3 -11pm so that might be the explanation.
Taken at 4.00.
A bit less rain today and even a hint of blue sky in the afternoon. While Peter went down to the boat shed for a 'yard tidy' I got on with painting another coat of paint in the dining room. Yesterday's efforts didn't look that bad once the paint had dried but the second coat of paint still looks messy. I just wanted to get the walls to a reasonable state and then tidy up the room as best as I could.
The handyman has just been round to look at the work we want doing so that's the sitting room and the loft in progress.
Off now to make some supper before settling down to an evening of Strictly.


1 comment:

happyone said...

I've seen those laser lights around here too.
Lots of people have put up their Christmas decorations not us yet though. I don't do much decorating anymore.