Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 September 2020

Box Hunting.

A dry and sort of sunny day.
I spent most of the day out. In the morning I met up with three friends at the garden centre for coffee, cake and chat. A lovely break in the current packing frenzy. That'll be the last time for me though of course we'll keep in touch on FB and maybe even some visits. 
I arrived early to the garden centre after taking in the view out to sea on the way. That gave me time for a quick look around the plants, didn't find anything special, and then to check out the cardboard box bin at the exit. There I found a number of sturdy boxes and then on my way out after our morning coffee I found two very large boxes that I should be able to remake into a box suitable for the chainsaws. That'll make life easier for the removal men. Next stop was the dump where I got rid of the stuff from the garage. Then on to BJ's where I bought some birthday cards and collected three smaller very sturdy boxes which will be just right for those last tins of paint. Next after a basic food shop at Lidl I stopped at the pet store for some calming spray for Speedy. The main brand which they use at the vets' was £30 for a small bottle. Yikes. There were other options but instead of a chemical based on a pheromone they had valerian and other herbs. Then I found a small bottle of another brand which had the same pheromone ingredient at the same concentration for £10 which was much better. I only need it for the journey and when the removal men are shifting stuff in the house as I have noticed that Speedy does get nervous with strangers around and it is a very long journey, at least 5 hours.
That wasn't the end of my day's tasks. I left the car in Lidl's car park and walked over the bridge to pay a bill at the bank. 
Next I had to go to Tesco's to pick up Peter's prescription and just happened to buy this zip-up top. I simply can't resist fluffiness. Finally my last stop was the carpet place that sells off-cuts. With bare wooden floor boards in our bedroom and the bathroom (in Borth) I wanted some carpet to put down by the bed and a bit of lino for the bathroom to stop us getting splinters in our feet. I was successful in my quest and even haggled down the price by 20%. At home I slipped the cardboard tube from the middle of the lino as it will be perfect for packing two tubes of rolled up posters that I'd been unable to find a box for. And that was my very busy day.

No comments: