Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 September 2020

Wet.

Lots of rain this morning filling the garden with sparkles as the light caught the raindrops on the garden plants. It got drier as the day went on with the sun breaking through at times increasing the temperature nicely.
Peter phoned the solicitors in the morning to answer a couple of queries. Naturally he only got to speak to the secretary who doesn't seem to be on the ball but eventually the legal person phoned back and guess what? Completion of contracts should be in 14-18 days. Peter hasn't been able to speak to our moving man yet so we haven't got a date. Now I'll be worrying until the moving man confirms a date. In Borth the builder has taken the roof off one of the two rooms being done and the forecast is set fine for the next few days which should be enough to put the new roof on. 
Even before the news from the solicitor I'd got on with a bit more packing. Or re-packing as I emptied some lighter items that had been packed into smaller boxes a while back and put them into a large box. That then freed up the smaller boxes for heavy stuff from the tool cupboard.  
As I've been awake since 3.30 I put my feet up for a while, watched Grand Designs and had a final look through my kitchen catalogues. Lots of fancy ideas but I think my kitchen layout is more or less sorted and any extras will be best planned once we're there. I love the idea of open shelves but I also like to hide away most of my clutter. I tore out a few pages for ideas and the rest of the catalogues are out for the recycling collection. As I put our recycling out I had to laugh at our large blue tub for glass in which is one coffee jar. As to the other little domestic puzzle, the lone wheelie bin is still here, now standing unwanted by the wall on the other side of the grass.
Update. Whoo Hoo, we have a date. The moving men will be here on the 17th to pack up most of our stuff and then again on the morning of the 18th so we can get away early. Because of working hours they'll not bring our stuff until the next day but we've got the basics in Borth already.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you have a date!! Great news!
Funny that the wheelie bin is still hanging around!!

Lowcarb team member said...

A little bit of rain on the flowers makes a very nice photograph.

All the best Jan