Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 September 2020

Sunny.

Bright and sunny today with a good breeze. Perfect for another load of washing which dried and has already been ironed.
My first job today was to  remake a couple of yesterday's boxes to fit the chainsaws and two stag antlers. This was quite a fun job to do down in the garage. Now the awkwardly shaped and oily chainsaws are together in a standard shaped box along with the chainsaw boots (steel toecaps) and a helmet. I began to loose enthusiasm when it came to the antlers and instead of a nice stackable cuboid box it's more like a giant Toblerone box festooned with 'fragile' tape. Something that I know is stressing me out is the fact that although lots of packing has been done apart from the garage not one single room is fully packed. I tried to finish off my study but foolishly decided that before collating two tubes of LOTR posters I should see what I've got and write down the sizes with a view to framing some of them in Borth. Not the most sensible plan. It took too long and the measuring didn't go well as the posters kept rolling back up even though I'd weighed down the corners. In the end I gave up. I'm sure I can give many some of them away. My favourite images are those showing the scenery and design aspects of the films rather than individual characters and these were much harder to find.
All was quiet from the end house. Obviously it's only a Mon-Fri job. It looks like they are ready to put up the new cladding. I wonder what colour they've chosen? 

No comments: