Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 September 2020

Wet Morning.

Lots of rain in the morning with a brighter afternoon. 
More packing today. This time I tackled the accumulation of boxes in the dinning room that I'd brought home from various shopping trips. Some already packed, others empty but now nearly all of them have been filled. The house is beginning to look so bare. I thought I'd gone for a fairly clean minimalist look but plants and other treasures had invaded all the window sills. I dislike clutter but who can resist a touch of beauty around the place?
I gave myself a little gardening time in the afternoon cutting down more of the buddleia. I also cut back the red Crocosmia Lucifer growing in a tub by the front door and heading to Wales with us as all the crocosmia do well by the sea. Yesterday I counted up the number of plants in pots that I need to pack and thinking that 70+ was an error counted them again today. But it was correct. It's going to be fun having a new garden to plan and make.
That single flower bud which I suspect to be a Japanese anemone still hasn't opened. Maybe because it's only growing in a tiny crack between the two garden walls. 

No comments: