Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 September 2020

Hot.

This morning the weatherman was talking about high temperatures, 26C/79F or even 30C/86F and I was a tad sceptical but we have had a very hot afternoon. I'd planned to do some sorting out of my plants as my last job of the day but after cleaning and packing a bronze head (me) and a pewter lady in flowing robes and minus one arm (accidental not intentional) I decided that sitting out and chatting was a much better use of my time. Must make sure I take my rest breaks.
As usual I woke after 4.00 and again as often happens I didn't get back to sleep and got up at 7.00. While I made myself a cup of tea, fed the cat etc I got on with my first packing session of the day. I've found that you can buy clear bin bag sized bags which are great for packing. I was able to put each of two slightly wobbly plastic storage units on wheels inside a bag along with their contents of cleaning materials, tie the drawstring and then wrap some tape around for extra security. The main packing job today has been the sitting room, making sure boxes are stuck down and everything labelled. Later on I went up in the loft and threw down all the boxes for our pc's and other stuff. There's the most enormous box for the sound bar which isn't big at all but only the protective bag type cover for the tv. I seem to remember that it was so difficult to get the tv into the box last time we chucked the box out.
Found this speckled bush cricket on the rhododendron bush when I was pulling off a couple of strands of the dreaded bindweed.

No comments: