Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Not Long Now.

With only two sleeps to go, as children say, this will be my last post from Devon as I'll be packing up my pc later on this evening. It will be a week before we get connected to Broadband so I'll be quiet for a while unless I can connect my Kindle to the free WiFi at the local café.
We've been in a sea mist white out all day long ending in a burning red sunset. The sun was a glowing scarlet, nothing like the pale version in the photo. 
This morning I had to take Speedy off to the vet for his annual vaccination. He's such a baby and began yowling as soon as we left the house. I used the pheromone spray which he noticed but that didn't stop his 'I'm at death's door' wail. At the vets because of covid I had to wait in one room while they vet took him off to the treatment room. I think they had to chase him around the room because she mentioned he was rather lively. She also said he has a heart murmur which a third of cats his age have and his teeth have some tartar. However as removing the tartar would need a general anaesthetic that's not really an option. I'll have to keep an eye on his teeth and I bought some crunchy cat treats which are supposed to help clean his teeth. 
Safely home from the vets we then went up to the farm to collect the camper. While Peter changed the battery, not an easy job, I washed off most of the green muck that had grown on the white camper. On the way back I dropped the old battery off at the dump, did a small amount of shopping, left a set of keys with the estate agent and called in at the bank. Since then I've been packing, and packing and even more packing. I'm off to take a break and watch a tv programme and then I'll pack up my study.
Borth here we come.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Best of luck with the move. Hope all goes smoothly and your back blogging soon.

Janet said...

Hope all has gone smoothly Ruta.