Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Warm.

A very warm day even though the morning sky was filled with grey clouds. I was out all afternoon shopping etc. and by the time I was at the garden centre I could hear rain pattering on the plastic roofing. Out in the car park it was raining heavily and I needed to put the windscreen wipers on to see where I was going. Half an hour later the rain had stopped and didn't return until just now (5.30).
I'd gone to the garden centre to use my last voucher to buy a second Tulbaghia which I've just found out has the common name Society Garlic. 
As I guessed it can be easily propagated by splitting into the individual cloves. It can be split at any time of the year but best in spring or autumn with 100% success rate. Lots of lovely plants for my seaside garden. I dropped into BJ's as well and bought the only two aeonium plants they had. 
While almost all shoppers are wearing face coverings, maybe due to there usually being a member of staff at the door to remind you, in Tesco's I saw a two young women and an older child without face coverings. I decided to overcome my natural British reserve and asked where their face masks were. I may have been stereotyping but with their cheap fashion clothes and heavy make-up I thought they may have simply decided not to bother. As it was one thanked me for asking and said they didn't need to wear a mask. Hmm! However I couldn't really challenge them further and simply said okay. That was fine but as I walked away I heard one of then say loudly "Some people are so rude." Which was sad. If they really had a valid reason they should be thankful that the rest of us are trying to keep them safe. 
I called in at B&Q hoping to buy the kitchen light we've chosen. But...... when I picked it up from the shelf I saw that it has an integrated light so you have to throw the whole thing away once the bulb goes. No Way. Up on the display wall there was a glass version with a replaceable bulb but no boxes on the shelf. I found a member of staff nearby, which was lucky, but when she checked she told me that they weren't going to be selling that model any more. I asked if I could buy the display model but that wouldn't be possible as it had been plugged in ?? Then there was nobody around in the kitchen/ bathroom area to help me find a cupboard to fit under the small hand basin I rescued. My trip was saved from being a complete waste of time by finding a thin metal rod to use as the centre of the drift wood Christmas tree I plan to make.

No comments: