Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 September 2020

Cool.

With moving day in sight I had to make myself a countdown chart. I feel justified in getting excited after such a looooooooong wait.
Today has been grey and cool. With Peter busy on the phone making all sorts of arrangements I took myself off to Wickes. I had a quick look at the clearance items in their kitchen and bathroom displays but unfortunately you can't take them out of the store for 8 weeks. No good for us or I would have bought the white ceramic bowl shaped sink, with overflow, for the bathroom. Instead I moved to the electrical section to buy the kitchen light. There I found a fairly standard hemispherical light that takes light bulbs. Then came the choosing of the LED light bulbs. Looking on the display for the 40W E27 bulbs I needed was somewhat confusing. Having worked out that the E27 bulbs all had green packaging there were bayonet fittings, screw fittings and even small screw fittings though those turned out to be a different number. I was muttering away to myself as I wondered if clear bulbs would be brighter than opaque bulbs when another customer, an older gentleman, offered assistance. Even with his help it took a while for us to find a pack of 4 of the correct bulbs. We had a bit of a chat about the lights with integrated bulbs which he said to avoid at all costs due to manufacturing issues.
Once home it was back to packing. Having already had to open up two boxes to find things I needed I'm not going to stick down any more lids until nearer the time. The tool cupboard by the front door is almost empty and some other things packed too. Peter's dealing with things like council tax. Instead of paying second home owners' tax at double the normal rate we didn't have to pay any on Red Roofs as the property had been uninhabitable till now. I cancelled my next blood test at the doctors' and booked Speedy in for his annual immunisation which was due at the end of the month. For some reason I've been thinking Speedy is 15 but looking at his papers I see he is only 10. (It's Patch who would have been 15.) Even so since taking off the bucket he's become a bundle of energy. Come the afternoon he sits on my desk knocking any loose objects onto the floor or fishing for anything on the open keyboard shelf.  

No comments: