Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 September 2020

On-Line at last.

We've been here 10 days and it's been a real roller coaster. Moving in with building works in progress and dust and mess everywhere was a bit of a shock but it gets better every day. Much shifting of boxes and plenty of cleaning but  each day it gets a little better. The BT men came this morning (should have been last week but there was a problem at the exchange) and we're now on line. Peter got my PC up and running though my lovely big monitor doesn't work after the move despite being in the original packing and box. Luckily there's a spare monitor which though tiny in comparison, works.
The front garden was completely overgrown again but I've been hacking back brambles and have finally cleared a way down to the gate at the bottom of the garden. Now I can take bags up the road to the skip (our second) by the garage instead of dragging them through the house.
We've already done far too much to put in one post. I'll just say we are working hard, things are improving and now I'm back on-line there'll be daily updates. Stay safe.
PS Not that keen on the new Blogger, why are there extra steps to change the size of photos and to justify text and publish? I would have thought fewer clicks was better.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

So nice to see a post from you. I've been thinking about you. Glad to hear you are moved and back on line. You work so hard, don't forget to rest too. :)
Much happiness to you and Peter in your new home!

lea said...

I'm glad to see that you are safely moved in, even if there is some chaos. Blackberries, we fought them here, they would take over! I will enjoy seeing how you transform the garden. Lovely rainbow and a beautiful sunset, take time to enjoy the view.