Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 September 2020

Hot.

They were right, it's been absolutely roasting today. I put the thermometer outside for a while in the afternoon and it shot straight up to 38C/100F. Good weather for working on the roof in Borth and good for drying the towels I put out on the line. Luckily it's not due to be so hot on Friday. 
I did more packing in the kitchen then gave up because Peter planned to do some cooking, a chilli, later on and needed a variety of spices. Out in the garden I brought the pots that we're moving, closer to the house.
The bin men are due tomorrow morning so I brought a big bag of rubbish up from the garage to put in the wheelie bin. Literally at the last moment as I swung it round to leave at the bottom of the garden path, the edge of something scraped over my foot and skinned the tops of my little toe and the one next to it. That added to two more scrapes and a blister from kneeling in the loft leaves my foot in a sorry state. (The other foot only has two plasters on at the moment.) But that's not the end of the story. A closer look at my toes may reveal red marks mainly on the side of my big toe and the middle toe. At first I thought they were just because I'd got so hot but then I noticed tiny blisters in the middle of the marks. A check on line confirmed that they are ant bites. Not fire ants which we don't have, thank goodness, but ordinary ants. Earlier I'd put my foot into a flower bed in the front garden as I dug up some crocosmia for the move. A slathering with Anthisan and the redness has died down.
I think the packing is under control with a full day to finish off the house tomorrow plus Wednesday for a visit to the vet, collecting the camper, a little shopping and a last trip to the bank.

1 comment:

happyone said...

That was a hot day. Only in the 60's here by us.
Your running out of time!!! :)