Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 April 2021

Cold.

Mostly dry today but not very warm. The photo below, taken in the late afternoon illustrates the divide between the weather on the coast and inland. (The inland clouds were and still are dark grey.)
The main job of the day was putting up the mirror over the big pine cupboard. Making sure it was centred up and perfectly level took both of us. Fixing anything to the external walls with their good inch of insulation on the back of the plasterboard (drywall) needs special fixings and tool. Although Peter did the bulk of the work I got him to show me how to use the tool and I put in several of the screws myself. 
My ideal is to have a few beautiful objects displayed on the cupboards and shelf, so far only this lovely bowl has made the grade. I shall do my very best not to clutter up the space with random 'stuff'.
Later I worked in the back garden for a while bagging up some rotten bits of wooden fence ready for the next trip to the dump. A brief but heavy shower stopped play so I had my first piano session in my study. It was nice and warm and sunny in there and less distracting without the view in front of me.
These photos were posted on the local FB page (by Diane Richards) and were taken exactly 10 years ago when the sea defences were being built with rocks brought in from Norway. While it seems a shame to lose the long sandy beach the alternative was to lose the village itself as the houses on the High Street were only feet from the high tides.
Not a problem for the houses up on the cliff. 

This morning when I checked my pc I was excited to read a report of two dolphins seen swimming from Ynyslas towards Borth only five minutes before. Naturally I dashed out on to the terrace but saw not a sign of the dolphins. Still it's good to know that they are around. PS The fridge in the utility room is now working.

 

No comments: