Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 24 April 2021

Sunny.

Another perfect drying day, warm and windy. I have to admit to choosing to sit out on the terrace rather than ironing and we put the duvet cover back on unironed.
Before getting out the sun loungers we'd both been working hard. Peter used his jack-hammer to take apart a small raised bed in the front garden while I had a good old clear up along the front/side? of the house. (Depends if the front is where the front door is or the side facing the sea.) I've begun dismantling the rotten wood that supported plant troughs inside the low street wall. At the same time weeding and clearing up the small amount of general building rubbish left behind by the various builders. I moved some of the reclaimed blocks to make supports for the larger troughs I'm going to put up there though that came to a halt when a small block fell on my toe. It was brick sized but made of concrete and my foot was only protected by my old trainers so it was a bit of an ouch. My toes are forever getting damaged so I sat with an ice pack on them to limit today's injury. Looking at them now there's a new blister on that toe from wearing trainers but nowt else.
I put the thermometer out at 5.30 to see hot it is on the terrace, lovely. Yesterday it was officially 21C/70F at Porthmadog which is not that far away. 
While we sat on the terrace we were surprised to see two SUV's parked up on the cliff grass as some people had a picnic in the sun. I asked about this on the FB page and no, it's not normal especially as the cliff grass is maintained by the house owners. (Peter's just spoken to a passing neighbour and she confirmed they shouldn't have parked there.) Luckily they haven't damaged the grass. We are quite interested to find out what the legal position is regarding the cliff top. I expect we have an obligation to look after it and if it collapses - who knows? 
 

No comments: