Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 April 2021

Warm and Sunny.

A wonderful sunny day with a warm southerly wind perfect for drying. So nice that I donned shorts and got out the sun-lounger for my afternoon rest collapse on the terrace.
Our main job of the day was to fill the second raised bed with soil. That was after I'd made a batch of peanut butter and chocolate cookies. They are a bit on the brown side as I was putting washing in the machine when the timer went off and Peter didn't let me know. 
We've used about a third of the bag of gravel and there's a third of the soil left. I'm going to make a few smaller raised beds myself in the back garden so most of the soil and gravel will get used up for those. Below is our transport system. Once loaded up Peter pulled it to the back garden and I followed behind carrying a bucket of soil/gravel and using my foot to lift the end of the trolley over the steps. We might lose our strength as we get older but compensate by getting more inventive.
Then came the fun of planting up the bed. This corner of the garden gets the most wind so for the climbers I put in a honeysuckle and a more vigorous white clematis. I split some pots of garlic chives and planted them along the front of the bed and then the rest of the bed has been used to propagate the Tulbaghia violacea (society garlic) which is destined for the front garden and some sedums which will probably stay in the back garden. 

Last night's sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Awesome sunset!!!