Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 April 2021

Sunny.

Beautiful blue skies and sea today with a chilly wind.
Today has mostly been about curtains. Not as much unpicking of the  sitting room curtain hems as I had hoped but more sorting out all my carefully stored curtains. The heavy padded curtains that will be going up in Peter's room went out on the line to air. I've since found another pair of the same curtains. Maybe I'll put one over his door to cut out the sound of his films/games. Other curtains were in a worse state than I had thought. I put one through the washing machine and then when the lining didn't look any better cut it off. I'm not going to hang on to any curtains as I don't plan on moving again but I can't bring myself to just throw them out. They're mostly plain velvet which maybe somebody can use in a project so I'll put them on the free FB site.
I put the small sink on the free page and a chap came to collect it today. Peter doesn't like 'strangers' coming to the house and wasn't happy. I think he watches too many films with crime and violence.
Even with the sharp wind it was a nice day for a beach walk so we went for an afternoon stroll. The lifeguards and their flags are back on the beach and today it looked very lively with families camped out on the shingle in their beach tents. Somebody we passed on the beach said how nice it was to have the beach to ourselves while we were thinking how busy it was. I guess it's only going to get busier especially with foreign holidays being out of the question this year.

No comments: